Last Updated: February 14, 2023
Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and any changes to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
What Information Do We Collect?
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
2. Log Files
The Nails Park follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
3. Cookies and Web Beacons
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
1. facilitate and improve your online shopping experience;
2. provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
3. respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
4.communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
5. manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
6. personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
7. monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
8. process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
9. link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
10. and carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
1. with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
2. with our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail;
3.in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
4. if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
5. in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
6. or with your consent or at your direction. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics
We use multiple web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics, MixPanel and Singular to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (ex: Google for Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies.
Targeted advertisements. Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages, and other websites, and based on the products you currently own. These offers will display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. We also partner with third parties to manage our advertising on our webpages and other websites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about such activities in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests, and to measure advertising effectiveness.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children and all children’s products we sell are for purchase by adults only.
California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). If you are a California resident, these terms and conditions apply to you.
However, the CCPA’s definition of “sale” is very broad, and may include situations where browsing data is sent to referral advertisers (when you click on an ad that sends you to The Nails Park, we may send a hashed identifier to the referring site so they can receive credit for the referral). We, along with millions of other sites, may use these services from time to time. While we limit the information sent to what is needed to properly record the referral, the fact that you clicked on the link and visited The Nails Park may be added to your profile by the ad publisher. This is all done on the Site primarily through targeted advertiser cookies, and if you opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, we will turn them off.
Access to Information
You have the right to request that we disclose information about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, including:
- Categories of Personal Information we collected;
- Categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected;
- Our business purpose for collecting Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information; and
- The specific Personal Information we collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny a deletion request where retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers. For example, data may need to be kept to:
- Complete a sales transaction for which we collected the Personal Information (such as the sale of our beauty products to you);
- Track consumer complaints or product issues;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
Submitting a Request
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative of a California resident who wishes to make a request.
We may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will ask you for the email information that you used to interact with us or sign up for a loyalty, email or to make purchases to help verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that your information is in our system. Information provided to submit a request will only be used for request purposes.
California consumers may make requests by either:
- Emailing your request to [email protected]. In the subject line of your email, please write “CCPA Rights Request”; or
- Calling the toll-free number listed below in our Contact Us section.
We will use best efforts to respond to a verified consumer request within 45 days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension in writing. You may only make a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
1. by phone at +1 (315) 332-1472
2. by email at [email protected].